Forum for Senior Citizens Tarnaka
The monthly meeting held on 17.02.2018 was earmarked for Swachh Sarveskshan, involving SCOTRWA, Yoga class and GHMC officials. The audience was addressed by the Dy. Commissioner, Sri. Ravi Kumar, Dr. Venkatraman, AMO, and K. Tirupathaiah, Project officer UCD.
This was followed by live demonstration on Vermi domestic compost (in the houses) by Smt. Aruna Shekar, expert in Waste Management. It was attended by more than 50 members and the ladies in particular had interaction with Aruna Shekar. Sri. N.S.Prasad presented the status of Tarnaka Library on behalf of SCOTRWA. Sri. B. Om Prakash requested the Dy. Commissioner for completion of Mahila Bhavan premises and do the needful. The secretary handed over the memorandum to the Dy. Commissioner. A vote of thanks was propose by DSN Murthy.
G.R.S. Prasad Rao, Gen.Secretary
Senior Citizens Forum, Nizamabad: Medical Aid to Old Age Homes & Sr. Citizens
- On 26-1-2018, the Forum conducted 69th Republic Day on 26th January at their offices, where their President Sri. Bhoomanna has hoisted the national flag. They have honoured two eminent personalities, followed by vote of thanks by their Gen. Secretary Sri. N.Raja Reddy.
- On 30-01-2018, the Forum also observed Martyr’s Day on 30th Jan (Gandhi Jayanthi). Senior Citizens of Nizambad, Pastors of Christian community, Gita Pracharaks have taken out a procession to Gandhi Chowk and offered flowers to Gandhiji.
- On 04-02-2018, they have conducted medical camp at Jan village, Nirmal Dist, TS through Dr. Janardhan Reddy. Telangana State Senior Citizens Confederation (TESCCON) has supplied generic medicines to the medical camp, where in more than 300 people turned up to avail the services.
- On 11.02-2018, Muslim Senior Citizens Welfare Association has conducted 10th general body meeting at Limra Garden, Nizamabad, where the Forum members have been invited and honoured. The meeting was concluded by serving lunch to all.
- On a representation by the Forum to the Secretary for Legal Services Authority for providing medical checkup and free medicines to all the old age homes in Nizamabad through DM&HO. Accordingly, the DM & HO passed orders allotting one doctor to each old age home and health centers to conduct monthly checkup and supply medicines free of cost to the inmates.
Pattana Senior Citizens Forum, Mahabubnagar
- On Feb. 5th,, the Forum conducted a meeting of senior citizens at Rama Krishna Seva Samithi in presence of S.P. Smt. Anuradha who visited as chief guest and applauded the services of the Forum. She assured police help to all the senior citizens. She has inaugurated the books “Hari Satakam’ and ‘Narasimha Satakam’ written by Smt. Yadagiri Amma.
- On Feb.11th , they celebrated Maharshi Dayananda Saraswati Jayanti in cooperation with Dayananda Saraswati Siddhanta Prachara Samiti. Acharya Sri. M. Chinnappa, the chief guest spoke on the life of the Maharshi.
- On Feb.15th , a peace rally was conducted promoting implementation of traffic rules, preventing driving by minors and avoiding drunken drive. S.P. Smt. Anuradha also has participated in the rally.
All the above programmes have been conducted under the leadership of their President Sri. S. Jagapathi Rao, Gen. Secretary Sri. N.Nagabhushanam. Several other members of the Forum also actively took part in the events.
Felicitation to Vidwan Kiransri by VS University VC and poets and writers of Nellore district
Senior Citizens Welfare Association, Tanuku
Senior Citizens Welfare Association, Tanuku with 40 members under the President ship of Sri. Gadikatla Keseshwar Rao and Dr. Hussain Ahmed and G.V. Bhaskara Rao, visited Polavaram to see the work being carried out there. And also Pattiseema and temple of Veerabhadra Swami. All the senior citizens were provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc. Helpage India participated with the presence of Sri. Viswanatha Narsing Rao, Counsellor.
- Mega Medical Camp on every 3rd Sunday of the month on 21.1.2018 .
- Netaji Subash Chandra Bose’s 122nd Jayanthi celebrations on 23.1.2018.
- General body monthly meeting on 25.01.2018.
- Republic Day celebrations on 26th January .
- Digital Literacy programme on 31st Jan with Helpage India .
Tour Programme with 40 members to Polavaram project in addition to the weekly medical aid at home to those people who cannot move out, on 21st & 28th Jan and 4th &11th Feb. in Tanuku and in other villages viz., Mandapaka,Velpuru, K. Savaram.
Their President Sri. G. Keseswara Rao has been awarded the National Best Service Award by the Voice of India during their 2nd national meeting in Visakhapatnam.
The Lions clubs of Pydiparru and Tethali presented a cheque to the association for one lakh through their Governor and Sri. V.Somasundara Rao, Smt. V. Kasturibai (MLA) and Sri. A. Radha Krishna on 2nd February for rendering remarkable services to the society.
Senior Citizens Association (ASCA), Alwal
Prizes for the winners participated in the sports and other competition on the occasion of 26th January Republic Day were presented on 7th February in the regular weekly meeting. Memory test were also conducted during the meeting.
Release of three books written by Sri. Shastrula Raghurama Sarma, life member of ASCA at Ravindrabharathi mini auditorium . He is honoured by the State Government officials and Narasapur MLA. Chanakya, Chanakya Neetulu and Vekuva Kuva are the three books likely to be introduced in Telangana State Schools in the coming years. On this occasion, ASCA office bearers are present.
Marathi Grantha Sangrahalaya, Tarnaka , Hyderabad
The above branch came into existence in 2008. Marathi Speaking residents of Tarnaka and around were finding it very difficult to have Marathi literatures at hand as the head office was in Koti area adjacent to Women’s College. Hence, it was housed in Mr. Vinay Buche’s house , in Nagarjuna Nagar. It was operated till 2015 and then we had to find a new premises. I being a founder secretary of Tarnaka welfare Association requested the President during one of the foundation day functions, to accommodate our Granthalaya branch in the TWA building, to which he immediately obliged. Now as the branch is in Tarnaka, it serves not only the Marathi literary loving residents of Tarnaka, but also those who are in and around our area. We have around 30 members who take advantage and borrow books and magazines and return after one week to fifteen days. The library is run by the head office representatives twice Wednesday & Saturday, a week between 5.30 & 7.30 pm.
Cell: 98493 28592
Mallikarjuna Nagar Senior Citizens Association, Malkajgiri
The Association and its Day Care Centre in Gowtham Nagar have celebrated their 2nd Annual Day by conducting indoor and outdoor games, wherein the senior citizens of 80 years also have participated with great interest and joy. The Association has honoured 12 senior citizens of their colony and awarded prizes to the winners and the participants.
Senior Citizens Forum, Bagh Amberpet, Hyderabad
Medical camp conducted by the Senior Citizens Welfare Forum and Dr. Shobha Eye Foundation on 20th Jan at Ananta Sai School in Central Excise Colony. We had medical checkup and testing in vision and hearing and provided free spectacles and hearing-aids to deserving patients who are BPL. 135 persons are benefitted by the camp. Mr .Narsihman, Mr. Raghavan. S. Ramnath (convenor), Mr. Ramdas are the principal office bearers who have assisted the medical camp.
Kalyanpuri Senior Citizens Association donated food grains to the Orphanage Home in Kharkhana.
Telangana Senior Citizens’ Confederation (TESCCON) held its 4th State Council meeting on 25th Feb. at 11 a.m. at Taj Mahal Hotel, Malkajgiri, Secunderabad under the leadership of its President Sri V. Nagaeswara Rao, who explained their activity, which is appreciated by all. The Gen. Secretary read his report of the year 2017 and Smt. Bhagyavathi, Treasurer submitted the account statement and after having lunch the meeting further continued and ended with vote of thanks.
Release of ‘Pilupu’ a Tri-Monthly Magazine
Telangana All Senior Citizens Association has released a quarterly magazine “ Senior Citizens’ Pilupu” through Telangana Assembly Chief Whip Sri. V. Sudhakar Reddy on 29th Jan. at Ravindra Bharati. He expressed his agony that elders are neglected by their family members. Smt. B. Sailaja, Director of Women, Children, Senior Citizens and the Disabled, said that 13 lakh senior citizens were getting old age pension out of 36 lakh senior citizens in the state and 10 more old age homes would be opened shortly.
Telangana Senior Citizens Association State Executive Committee has been formed with President: P Narsimha Rao, General Secretary: P. Kishan Rao , 15 Secretaries, 2 organising Secretaries, 15 Executive Members, 4 Advisors and 3 Disciplinary Committee members.
They have also formed the District Committees in Siddipet, Suryapet, Kamareddy, Komuram Bheem – Asifabad, Nagar Kurnool, Hyderabad, RangaReddy and Medchal.
Senior Citizens Council of Delhi
- Organized Graceful Ageing Conference at Nishkam Sewa Trust, Haridwar on 10 &11-02-2018, in which 103 members participated after coming from different parts of Delhi. While welcoming, J.R. Gupta, President told that Delhi senior citizens are getting maximum benefits from Delhi Govt. in comparison to other states across the country and advised Haridwar senior citizens to demand the same benefits from the U.P. Govt. The chief guest, His Holiness Swami Satmitranand Giri Ji Maharaj, Sankracharya, Padam Bhushan and Founder of Bharat Mata Mandir, conveyed their blessings through Sh.J.R.Gupta and Sh.G.L.Gupta, Key note address was delivered by Vaidyaratnam Dr. Rakesh Agarwal, Arogyadham Treatment Centre, Muzaffarnagar (UP). Dr. Nagendra Kumar Neeraj, Chief Medical In-charge, Yoggram Nature Cure and Panckarm Research Centre, Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar spoke about Nature Cure. Acharya Krunesh Mishra, Haridwar, advised how cordial relations can be maintained in a family & society as per teachings of Shree Ramcharitmanas. Sh.Sarvesh Gupta, President SCF, Haridwar, & Sh.M.K.Raina, Senior Vice President, also addressed the Conference including Sh. Ajit Kumar Jain. Generally, all the Speakers gave various tips how senior citizens can maintain their health without taking medicines. Dr. G.L.Gupta from Delhi chaired laughing session. Some members from the audience shared their views. Next day, in the practical yoga session, conducted by Dr. G.L.Gupta, the speakers also spoke about Yoga- Pranayam and meditation including the art of stress free living. All the participants were of the view that such Conference should be organized every year.
- Meeta Singh, Additional Commissioner, SDMC, New Delhi, says senior citizens are enjoying themselves in Recreation Centre, Green Park Ext., on 09-02-2018 during its first Annual Day celebrations. The first floor of the community centre lying vacant , on representation by the Association, was handed over to Sh.J.R.Gupta and his other members on 4th November, 2016. She assured that the lift would be installed by the end of March as the sr. citizens find it difficult for climbing the stairs. Mrs. Renu Monti, Secretary, Delhi Pradesh Mahila Morcha, and Sh. Yoginder Singh, Deputy Director, SDMC were guests of honour. Eminent Singer, Mrs. Anima Sinha recited patriotic songs.
- Talk on Legal Awareness by Ms. Geetanjali Goel, Additional District Judge and Special Secretary, Delhi State Legal Services Authority. It is organised jointly by Senior Citizens Council of Delhi and Help Age India on 16-02-2018 at the Recreation Centre, in which more than 200 senior citizens participated. She informed about Swabhiman Parisar (A Model Day Care and Recreation Centre for Senior Citizens) established by DSLSA at Kasturba Nagar, Shahdara. Also 11 Tribunal Courts in which any senior citizen without the help of advocate can file for a maintenance allowance of Rs.10,000/- per month against their children who are not looking after them properly. Moreover, they can evict their children from self acquired property. The helpline number of DSLSA is 1516.
4. The Council has organised a special spiritual discourses by Swami Nityanand Saraswati (Haridwar) on 15-02-2018, in the presence of more than 200 senior citizens. Mrs. Radhika Phoghat Abrol, Area Councillor also addressed the senior citizens and assured her full support for any civil work in her Municipal Ward as and when required. She also promised to make arrangements for the installation of lift in the Recreation Centre within 2 months.
J.R. Gupta, President,
Senior Citizens Council of Delhi & Chairperson, Senior Citizens Associations of Delhi. 09810488059
On request of Prerana organization, Mr. Naidu Sr. Manager Bank of Baroda in Ganesh Nagar Ramanthapur, Hyd. contributed usefull material worth Rs. 1000/ for each student, for 30 students.
At Ganesh nagar (Aadharsh) Prerana organization has adopted two Orphan homes.
Present: Er. Giri: 9885977569, Rtd. Prof. Vittal Reddy, Jeevan Kumar, president, Human Rights Organisation, Asst General Manager Syndicate bank and staff Purma, Kalpana, Purohith.
5K Run: Yeshoda Cancer Awareness
Prerana & Lions Club donated a hearing aid, which is worth Rs. 25,000 to Sri. Veerayya, 75 years at Hubsiguda, Thanks to Sri Ln. RAGHURAMIREDDY for his contribution. Er.Giri, Ln. Raghuramireddy, & Dr. Kranthy Kiran Reddy.
Panchavati was awarded a certificate of merit on the World CSR Day in Mumbai on 18.02.2018 under the category ” For a for purpose organization’ at Taj Land End.