Health Camp at Tarnaka
The Forum for Senior Citizens Tarnaka along with Tarnaka welfare Association St.no.1, have organized a free Physiotherapy Camp on Sunday 22nd September, 2019 in Tarnaka Welfare Association Community Hall.
Dr. P. Kiran Kumar, P.T., M.P.T (Cardio), M.Sc (Psy), FCR, MIAP, Dr.Ch.Prasanna Lakshmi, P.T., M.P.T, Neruo-MIAP, Dr.CH.Radhika, P.T.B.P.T., from M/s. Cheyuta Physiotherapy Hospital, have participated for 5 hours in the camp, drawing huge number of residents in and around the adjoining colonies. For Pain Relief Management, Counselling guidance and types of exercises were shown which were very useful, informative and beneficial to the suffering senior citizens. Sri. V. Chinnaiah, Sri. Y.V.Ram Brahmam, Sri.B. Om Prakash & Dr.K.Srirama Murti monitored the event.
SCOTRWA members collecting Homeo medicine for Prevention of Dengue from Supdt. Govt. Homeo Hospital. The medicine was distributed to around 500 families, in Tarnaka area
By B Om Prakash
Warangal Dn Tribunal for Senior Citizens
- Sri K. Venkata Reddy, RDO and hon’ble magistrate, Warangal Dn Tribunal heard the grievances of Sri. Kattaiah Rtd RDO, Shanmukha Chary and Kattaiah against their sons. In the hearing, Dr Anasuri Chandramouli, president Senior Citizens Forum, the tribunal member Sri Velpula Devachary V.P. and P.NagaRani Aasara Co-ordinator have participated and gave their genuine opinion in the issue.
- Senior citizens and Parents Welfare Act 2007: A monthly meeting is held at Teachers colony Phase 2 , in Weddepalli on 15-9-2019. Dr. Anasuri Chandramouli president presided over the meeting and Dr Velpula Devachary V.P. has conducted the deliberations. Smt Dabitha, DWO, P.Nagarani ASRA Co- ordinator spoke about the Act. Dr. Umasri D.C.S.P0.(N.C.D) attended & spoke about communicable and non-communicable diseases. Dr. Shivaprasad explained about palliative care centre and service that will be given to the ailing people at door steps. Dr. Sridevi of Amma old age centre attended and spoke about elders problems at fag end of their life. Md Sirajoddin, World Peace Society founder explained hardships that elders are facing in the society. P.L.NarasihmaRao G.S.RTC explained the agony of the RTC Rtd elders. Ravikrisna Aasara councilor explained about execution of WILL Deed by parents. Dr.A. Chandramouli. K.Veerabhadraareddi, V.Devachary, S.Satyanarayana spoke about the Day in question. Sri. Satyanarayana proposed a vote of thanks and B.Ramachandrum has sung the National anthem
Senior Citizens Welfare Association, Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda (T.S) has organized an awareness programme on Senior Citizens Maintenance & Welfare Act 2011, in association with Helpage India, Warangal, represented by Ms. Nagamani and Mr. Ravi Krishna. The Association’s General Secretary Sri. Yugandhar pointed out that the senior citizens were not given priority in MGM Hospital, Police Stations, RTC buses and other govt. offices and requested that authorities concerned should help senior citizens more actively. The programme has been attended by the association members, Consumers’ Forum members and Anganvadi workers.
Field Trip to Pulichintala Project
Senior Citizens Welfare Association Kodad division in Suryapet dist made a field trip to Pulichaintala project on 13-09-2019 which is in Chintala Palem manadal. It is built on Krishna river in the boarder of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Under the leadership of Sri. R. Sitaramaiah, Dist President and Sri. K.Vidya Sagar Rao, Dist associated President in association with Kodad division President Sri. Gaddam Narsaiah and Secretary Sri. M.Venkateswar Rao and also Sarvasri T.Rambabu, B. George, S. Venkateswarlu, M.Basavaiah, R. Gangaiah, P. Ranga Rao, B. Rambabu, G. Jagan Mohan Rao, R. Laxmaiah, M. Krishnarjun Rao and Nageshwar Rao have participated in it. The Reservoir is full of water with back log water to a distance of many kilo meters between the high hills, covering completely ground plants and trees on two sides.
By G. Narsaiah, President
Awareness Programme in Velminadu
An awareness programme on Senior Citizens Protection ( MWPSC) act 2007 is held in Velminadu village of Chityala Mandal, Nalgonda dist on 10.9.2019. It is organsied by P. Achalu President of Chityala Unit. Samudraa Mallikarjun President of the Dist. Senior Citizens Welfare association attended as chief guest. Mallikarjun after explaining in detail the welfare and protection Act, also advised the audience to keep well their health and to keep their property in their name only until their death. He advised them to donate their body organs to the medical college after their death. N. Kashiah Goud and out of 700 old age people of the village, nearly 100 people including women have participated in the meeting. At the end of the meeting, the village senior citizens committee is nominated by Samudrala Mallikarjun with the following: Ch. Ramachandra Rao as President, S. Ram Reddy-Vice- President, A. Jangaiah- Gen. Secretary, N.Kishtaiah as Treasurer, and K. Mallaiah, J. Sathaiah, Ramchandran.
By S. Mallikarjun, President, Nalgonda
Rally on Traffic Rules in Mahbubnagar
- Pattana Senior Citizens Forum, Mahabub Nagar(T.S) has organised a rally on awareness of traffic rules with district Police Dept. on 23rd Sep. Inaugurated by SP Ms. R.Rajeshwari, the participants held placards indicating: Don’t Be Drunk and Drive, Follow Traffic Rules, Don’t Use mobile phone while driving etc..The SP told to develop self- discipline and follow the traffic rules. The Association President Sri. Jagapathi Rao, Secretary Sri.N. Nagabhushanam, Jayaram, Suryanarayana, and other members took active part in conducting the rally.
- Sri. S. Jagapathi Rao, N. Nagabhushanam and K.V. Ashok were awarded ‘Vayo Seva Ratna’ by Sri. M.Krishna Reddy, Chairman, Elders Clubs International Foundation on the occassion of World Elders Day, on 25th Aug, at Sunshine Hospitals Auditorium, Secunderabad.
- The Forum celebrated Teachers’ Day on Sep.5th and hounoured the retired teachers, Sri. A. Gangayya, K. Sivanna Pantulu, P.Chanddra Sekhar, A.V. Ananta Reddy and G.Venkata Ramulu. They have also celebrated the Engineers’ Day on 15th Sep. by honouring some working and retired engineers from various departments.
Village Rural Development Programme
The Sarpanch of Veldi village in Raghunathpally Mandal, Sri. Koyyada Mallesh has been receiving applauds from villagers in undertaking and implementing various programmes under rural development theme to develop his own village by bringing the villagers to work together. As a part of the development in 30- day programme by the TS Government, they wanted to demolish an old dilapidated house.
One of the residents Sri.G. Yaka Swamy who owns an old house and lives in Hyderabad, having come to know the development programme in his village, has accepted to demolish his old house on his own site. He was felicitated by the Sarpanch and the villagers for proving himself a responsible citizen.
Civil Society Activists in Village Panchayat Standing Committees in TS
Since several years, we have been pleading with the Governments to associate the civil society associations and their activists with the local area development and for social development in rural and urban bodies as a sign of their empowerment in a participatory democracy.
Now, in the new Panchayat Act 2018 in TS, specifically with Section 49, an opportunity is given to the senior citizen’s associations, Women’s associations and other civil society activists who are not in the business of politics to contact the Collector or the mandal level Development Officer (MDO), or other Panchayat officers to propose their names to be included in the four village level Standing Committees. These committees chaired by the Panchayat Ward member deal with area development planning, plantation, health and sanitation, public works, etc. Accessorily, they serve the purpose of social audit also.
Accordingly, the Federation of Senior Citizens’ Organisations (FESCO) in Telangana state has appealed to the senior citizens’ organisations in the districts in English and Telugu, on 15th September, 2019, to contact the concerned local officers immediately, during the period of 30-days of intensive campaign that is going on.
The Kothagudem Senior Citizens Organization has distributed 70 cloth bags in the open market with the support of the Durga Cloth & Fancy shop, Vidyanagar.
Awareness on RTI Act
The RTI Act Parirakshana Sangam of Ananthapur Dist. (A.P.) held a meeting at Zilla Parishat office premises on 18th Sept. Under the leadership of the Sangh President Sri.H. Honnurappa. The Hon’ President S.K. Nabi Rasool said the RTI Act was the tool of the common man, and if people are aware of the Act, they can solve many of their problems by getting information from the govt. Offices and can put a check on the delays of the govt. Staff, corruption etc. They have planned a programme to conduct RTI Act Awareness meetings in various colleges in the city from 18th to 23rd Sept. Several district officers have participated in the meeting along with the secretary, T. Bhargava Ramudu of the Association.
SBI Pensioners’ meets in A.P.
A meeting of Pensioners of Chittor dt. (AP) was held at Pai Viceroy Hotel in Tirupathi on 5th August. Sri. P.Krishna Balaji, Dy. G.M., B&O, A.O. wanted the pensioners to be the brand ambassadors to the Bank, and assured that he would look into the issues raised by them in the meeting.
Similar Meetings of SBI Pensioners were held at Palakol on 22/06, Kadapa on 30/06, Kakinada and Madanapalle on 01/07, Vijayawada on 05/07, Ongole on 07/07, Chittor on 09/07, Narsapur and Rajamundry unit on 27/07, Podduturu on 28/07.
The unit at Visakhapatnam held the meeting on 10th August. Sri. A. Rajaiah of VSP Unit wanted to collect used devotional and moral books to start a spiritual library at Paderu. The members have distributed butter milk, biscuit packets etc., worth Rs. One lacks to the piligrims who went on barefoot “ Giri Pradakshina” covering 32 k.ms around Simhachalam Hill on 15th July, praying the main deity Sri Vara Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. The event was organised by their President Sri. T.S. Venkateswarlu, S. Basha, (Secretary), Sri.V. Narasyya, C. Kameshara Rao (Treasurer) and several other members of the Association took active part.
A.P. Senior Citizens Forum, Eluru
President Sri. Vemparla Narayana Murthy and Secretary General Kukunuri Rama Chandra Rao called for a meeting of Journalists at their office. They demanded that the Central and State Govts. should implement the 1999 Declaration of the National Policy on Elders and allot adequate funds for their welfare. They demanded that an officer of the rank of a Deputy Collector with magisterial powers be made in charge of the welfare of senior citizens. Other office bearers K. Nirmala, V. Rama Rao, Y. Venkat Reddy, Ch. Rama Kotaiah, M.V. Ramana, B. Satyanarayana Raju, B. Hanumantha Rao, M. Dharma Rao and K. Jinna also have participated in the press meet.
Conducting an awareness meeting with District Legal Services Authority, Judge Shailaja and advocates. The Senior Citizens Maintenance Act was explained and free legal service was provided to the needy. The HelpAge India has offered their Advantage cards to 60 elders from Sanivarapupeta, Eluru.
Aakiveedu Senior Citizens Association
- Dr. Brahmananda Reddy, national president of Jana Vignyana Vedika was the principal speaker, where contemporary political situation was discussed.
- The members of the Samstha have eloquently appreciated the meritorious efforts of the ISRO scientists, in spite of the last minute hitch to the success of their mission.
Samachara Hakku Prachara Eikya Vedika, Guntur
On Monday the 16th Sept. 2019 the Vedika has conducted an Advisory Centre in the office of the Zilla Parishad in the presence of Sri. Nagarjuna Rao, State Vice-President, Sri. Narra Peter, the district president, Sr. Vadlamudi Balakrishna, the Treasurer, Sri. Valluri Sadasiva Rao, Sri. Komma Veeraiah, Sri. Radhakrishna, Smt. Prashanti and others. During the sessions 20 people availed of the services and relevant literature was sold.
From Samachara Hakku Prachara Eikya Vedika, Cell: 9032462151
Senior Citizens Welfare Association, Tanuku, W.G. Dist, A.P
The Association has conducted mobile medical camps as usual on every Sunday on 25/08, 1/09, 8/09 and on 15/09/19 in Tanuku and surrounding villages viz, Velpuru, Relangi, Tetali, Mandapaka and Pydiparru and checked the health condition of 125 patients in all.
They have also celebrated Mother Theresa Jayanthi on 26th Aug, Teachers Day on 5th Sept. on the occasion of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan’s Jayanthi, World Physiotherapy Day on 8th Sept. and Engineers’ Day on 15th Sept.
They have felicitated eminent local teachers, Sri. K. Sri Rama Murty (ex-Principal of Polytechnic College), Poet and retd. Telugu Teacher Sri. Susarma garu and Sri. V. Venkata Bhaskara Rao, retd. lecturer by presenting memos and shawls.
Their President Sri. G. Keseswara Rao has announced on the Physiotherapy Day that since they have started the Physiotherapy Centre in Jan-2018 till Aug, 2019, some 1,034 patients had used the facility. No doubt, all this is carried out with the assistance of other members, Secretary and Treasurer.
Discussion on Consumers’ Rights Act-2019
A meeting was held on 31-08-19 at NGOs Home, Ananthapur( AP) organized by the Human Rights Committee, wherein Sri. Kamduri Shaik Nabi Rasool discussed about consumers rights as a part of the Human Rights Act, 2019. Labour Leaders Sri. Peddanna, Subbanna, Amarnath, and Nagaraju were on the dias.
Narsampet Senior Citizen Welfare Association has conducted the Alzheimer’s Day in their office. The program is presided over by Mr. Yerram Jagan Mohan, where Dr.Upender and Mr. Buchaiah, who are Tribunal members have participated.
Dist. Collector of Krishna District
The Collector and Dt. Magistrate of Krishna dist, announced that the elders in villages and Mandals should be honoured on 1st Oct, the World Elders Day and asked his officers to prepare accordingly.
Sri. N. Hanumantha Rao met the District Collector and requested him to organise the coming 1st October as the World Elders Day across all the Gram Panchayats.
An Eye camp was conducted at Balapur old age Home, in which some 52 aged people got benefited by receiving eye glasses & eye drops bottles.
From LCH of Sun City
OBF participated in the Eye Check Up camp for senior citizens at RK Mother Teresa Old Age Home along with Mr. P. Madhukar Swamy, SHO of Karkhana.
The Telangana All Senior Citizens Association (TASCA) got co-opted to the Standing Committees of Kolanpaka Gram Panchaya in Yadadri- Bhongir District, their members Sri. G. Raji Reddy and Sri. S. Ganesh Lal. Also Smt. Sujathamma is elected as the vice-president of the state organisation.
Honour to Young Poets
The Senior Citizens Seva Samithi, Hanuman Nagar, Dilsukh Nagar, Hyderabad has organized a young Poets’ Literary Programme, and honoured them on 29th August in the evening at their office.
Kalyanpuri Senior Citizens Association
The Senior Citizens Council of Delhi
The Council and ISU3A have celebrated the 3rd Annual Day of Recreation Center at Community Center, Green Park Extension on 12-09-2019 in the presence of more than 150 senior citizens. Chief Guest was Sh. Rahul Garg, Additional Commissioner, CSD, South Delhi Municipal Corporation along with Sh. Yoginder Singh, Dy. Director. To start, Sh. Ganesh Dass has recited Ganesh Vandana and sang melodious songs. While welcoming, J.R.Gupta, President of the Council briefed the chief guest about various free facilities provided by the Council to senior citizens daily and about efforts of the Council to get relief in many cases from the Tribunals, where son/daughter-in-law were found ill-treating the senior citizens by evicting them from their houses. The chief guest was very happy to see that senior citizens are using community centers for various recreation activities and offered to allot such vacant community centers in case any SCA is recommended by the Council/Confederation. At the same time, he advised senior citizens to support the initiative of the Prime Minister of India not to use single purpose plastic. We should also create awareness to replace plastic with environmental friendly materials. He further insisted to create awareness about segregation of garbage in two different wet and dry dustbins. J.R.Gupta & other members felicitated the guest with shawl and memento.
By J.R. Gupta, President, Senior Citizens Council of Delhi & Chairperson, Confederation of Senior Citizens Associations of Delhi.
Tamilnadu Senior Citizens Association (TANSECA), Chennai
It has announced that it will observe World Elders Day on 24th Oct, and planned a visit to a few old age homes in the city to distribute sweets and gifts to the inmates.
Tenkasi Senior Citizens Council (TN) held it anniversary on 1st sep. in Tenkasi, which was attended by a large number of senior citizens. Sri. R.T. Namasivayan, Vice-President of FOSCATAN, Sri. R. Muthukrishnan of Helpage India, TN division Dr. V.S.Natarajan, an eminent geriatric physician and Padmashree Awardee from Chennai were present on the occasion. Mr. Alagaraja and Mr. Ramalingam, the office bearers of the Association have taken active part in conducting the events successfully.
All India Retired Railwaymens’ Federation (AIRRF)
- The Central Government Pensioners Association, which is an affiliate of AIRRF held its monthly meeting on 3.8.2019 at Railway Colony High School, Chilkalguda. Shri Y N Sastry, President, AIRRF spoke at length on various privileges and benefits that are being provided by State and Central Governments to the pensioners. An Awareness programme on Digital Literacy is conducted by Shri Shyam, Advocacy Officer of HelpAge India. Shri K N Swamy, Vice President, S/ Shri E Rajendra Paul, N R C Raju, Smt K Girija, Treasurer, B Muthaiah and about 120 other members have participated. The entire programme is coordinated by Shri S Sreedhar, General Secretary, CGPA.
- The same Association has observed Teachers’ Day on 5.9.2019 by felicitating Shri Srinivas, Head Master and 20 other teachers of Railway Colony High School, Chilkalguda. Shri Y N Sastry, President, CGPA & AIRRF and also Secretary cum Correspondent RCHS, while speaking on the occasion, has expressed his appreciation for the services rendered by them and said that teaching is not a profession but a way of life for some. Shri S Sreedhar, GS/ AIRRF and other office bearers also spoke on the occasion.
- The Zonal conference of AIRRF S C Railway Zone is held on 18.9.2019 at Rail Nilayam Auditorium in Secunderabad. The guests present are: Sri. John Thomas, AGM SC R, Sri. Y.N. Sastry, president AIRRF, Sri. Shanker Rao, General Secretary, South Central Railway Mazdoor Union, Sri. N. Seetha Rama Prasad, DRM, Hyderabad Division and Dr. Prakash, P.C.M.D. They all have felicitated Sri. Y.N. Sastry who has celebrated his 90th birth day.
The members of the Conciliation Committee of Maintenance Tribunal of RDO Hyderabad consisting of Smt Ayesha, Advocate, Shri P Shyam Kumar, HelpAge India, Shri S Sreedhar, GS/AIRRF, Shri P Seshagiri Rao, GS/SCWA, Saidabad, Smt V Bhagyawathi, Jt,Secry, AISCCON are seen here counselling the petitioners and respondents in its first sitting on 21.9.2019 at RDO’s Office, Nampalli, Hyderabad.
Dr.ARK Chowdary, LD Prasad, Smt.Chandrakala, Shankararao, Rajireddy submitted memorandum to Assistant Commissioner Smt Hemalatha.
Sri. M. Krishna Reddy speaking on the World Suicide Prevention Day organized by Elders Club International Foundation in the premises of the Osmania University, Hyderabad
GHMC Commissioner & District Election Officer- HYDERABAD, Lokesh Kumar, IAS in GHMC head office, discussing the ongoing Voter Enrollment Programme with the civil society organisations and the political parties.